BEING CREATIVE & THINKING LATERALLY
BCTL is designed to make participants use lateral and creative thinking to generate multiple, different, and unexpected solutions. Lateral thinking offers a somewhat structured way to generate new ideas, while creativity opens the door to all possibilities.
Participants will learn how to think laterally and how that is different from vertical thinking. They will also learn to generate creative solutions for problems at hand.
Participants will get a first-hand experience of various tools that can be used for the above purpose.
Promotes logical approach to solve problems
Improved problem-solving abilities resulting it faster resolution of issues
Employees in 5-10 years’ work experience range
Simulations, Videos, Case Study, Classroom Lecture (Online/ Offline)
Module 1: Introduction to Creative and Lateral Thinking
- Understanding the Importance of Creativity in Today's Workplace.
- Differentiating Between Linear and Lateral Thinking.
Module 2: Developing Creative Mindsets
- Cultivating a Growth Mindset for Creativity and Innovation.
- Overcoming Creative Blocks and Resistance to Change.
Module 3: Stimulating Creativity
- Creating an Environment Conducive to Creative Thinking.
- Incorporating Play, Curiosity, and Exploration.
Module 4: Divergent and Convergent Thinking
- Divergent Thinking: Generating a Wide Range of Ideas.
- Convergent Thinking: Selecting and Refining the Best Ideas.
Module 5: Creative Idea Generation Techniques
- Brainstorming: Encouraging Free-Flowing Idea Generation.
- Mind Mapping: Visualizing Connections and Possibilities.
Module 6: Lateral Thinking Strategies
- Challenging Assumptions and Breaking Mental Barriers.
- Using Provocative Questions and Analogies.
Module 7: Applying Creativity to Problem-Solving
- Using Creative Techniques to Approach Complex Problems.
- Iterative Problem-Solving and Learning from Failures.
Module 8: Design Thinking and User-Centered Innovation
- Introduction to Design Thinking Principles.
- Empathetic Understanding and Innovating for User Needs.
Module 9: Enhancing Communication and Presentation of Creative Ideas
- Effectively Communicating Complex Ideas and Concepts.
- Storytelling and Visual Aids for Engaging Presentations.
Module 10: Encouraging and Fostering Collaborative Creativity
- Creating a Collaborative and Inclusive Creative Environment.
- Team-Based Creative Problem-Solving and Ideation.
Module 11: Overcoming Creative Challenges and Criticism
- Handling Resistance to New Ideas and Innovations.
- Embracing Constructive Feedback and Iteration.
Module 12: Continuous Improvement in Creative and Lateral Thinking
- Reflecting on Creative Processes: Identifying Successes and Areas for Growth.
- Strategies for Ongoing Learning and Skill Development in Creativity.
Activities and Learning Methods:
- Creative thinking exercises and brainstorming sessions.
- Group discussions and peer sharing.
- Interactive workshops and ideation games.
- Design thinking activities and empathy exercises.
- Lateral thinking puzzles and challenges.
- Storytelling and visual presentation practice.
- Collaborative problem-solving simulations.
Reflection and action planning for creative growth.
SIMULATION: Survivors Of Tumbouctou
Survivors of Tombouctou is an excellent simulation on lateral thinking and creative solutions. The simulation makes
Participants take decisions related to life and death in hostile situations.
Participants learn how to think beyond the routine.
Amit Jain, Bridgestone
It was an amazing experience while getting exposed to the real-life challenges on how to maneuver during difficult situations. Looking forward to more such kind of programs.